Me_Daddy

Me_Daddy

Monday, June 25, 2012

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...

I'm 24 weeks, almost 25 weeks, so I've got a baby bump. I love my baby bump! A couple of months ago, I was wondering when my baby bump would come and it's finally here! I feel like I grow in spurts, like every week, I spurt one day a week. People at work started noticing my bump about 3 or 4 weeks ago, but they're all hesitant to ask me about it. It usually goes like this...first, they see me in the hallway and make an obvious effort to stop me to talk. They ask what's new with me with that way people ask when they are asking for an answer to a question that's between the lines. You know, like when someone asks a question and they stick their neck out with eyebrows raised? I've been "el preggo" for almost this entire year, so this is technically not news for me, and I like to make it hard, so I rarely concede the news. They eventually ask for personal news or tell me the "You should never ask a woman if they're pregnant" speech. I wouldn't be offended if people were to ask me. I can honestly say this because, last year, three people thought I was pregnant, but I wasn't pregnant. Two of them actually asked me, one was too embarrassed to ask so he asked a coworker. Anyway, people go out of their way to tell me that no one should ask a woman if she's pregnant because she may not be. What I don't understand is why they follow that with, "Wow, you're so big! Are you having twins?"

3 comments:

  1. You should tell them no I am having triplets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was pregnant, someone at work who I hadn't seen since I became pregnant was apparently too afraid to ask me if I was pregnant and had to ask someone else if I was pregnant. I was pretty big at the time. When he found out I was pregnant, he was like oh, I was afraid she ate too many donuts or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are still timid about asking me! : ). Donut sounds good right now though.

    ReplyDelete